Menu

Birmingham Trip

My husband is supposed to leave in 3 hours (3:00 am) for a trip to Birmingham. He has a meeting at the Civic Center. The organizers of the event have not reported that it has been cancelled. Its a public school function. Does anyone have any idea how B'ham will be functioning tomorrow? He will be driving four hours and I am wondering if it will be a mess.

So sorry for all of you effected by the tragic tornados.

Here is a link to the local news closures. That might give him an idea of what the area looks like.

click here

thanks so much. I did a google search and couldn't come up with it.

ETA: This listed a lot of school closings and the event is a public school function with students from all over the state. I just can't imagine that it will be held. Hoping the organizers will make a decision.

Edited by Laurel T.

I have family all over Alabama and TN. My uncle is in the National Guard there and has been keeping me updated. I feel so bad for everyone that is affected.

I am in S.Alabama and did not know about any of this until I came on the WTM board this evening. This is my primary news source since I can't turn the tv news on with the little ones. They are in bed now though so I am getting a chance to process it all. Terrible.

I don't think Jefferson County Schools will go tomorrow; there will be a select few of them that do not, that is certain. I imagine Birmingham City Schools will be in session. There was damage near Metro B'ham, but I think it was Fultondale/Pratt City areas. Do those cities have school systems? I'm not familiar with those areas.

HTH!

I don't think Jefferson County Schools will go tomorrow; there will be a select few of them that do not, that is certain. I imagine Birmingham City Schools will be in session. There was damage near Metro B'ham, but I think it was Fultondale/Pratt City areas. Do those cities have school systems? I'm not familiar with those areas.

HTH!

I'm not familiar with those areas either. If the event is on--he has to be there, but I am thinking it will be pretty crazy tomorrow. He has to leave so early that I am so afraid he will drive 4 hours and then find out it has been cancelled at about the time everyone else wakes up. We have been up watching the news, so he is getting no sleep. I can't stand to think of him driving that far without any sleep.

Thanks so much for the info.