Menu

SAT II scores question ...

I know that SAT II tests taken before 9th grade will have the scores dropped from the record unless they are asked to keep the scores, but what happens if you take one of the tests twice during high school? Is the first score dropped from the record, or are both scores given? Can you take the test twice and then decide later which score to drop depending on the outcome?

Thank you!!!!

" Can you take the test twice and then decide later which score to drop depending on the outcome?"

Yes, my son took the Bio SAT II twice and used Score Choice to send the higher of the two scores. You can call College Board to answer your questions.

Kathy

All the SAT II scores from 9th grade on are kept on the record--so no, the lowest is not bumped.

You might be able to use Score Choice to send only the higher score, but our experience was that the vast majority of colleges that ds considered (and certainly the ones he applied to) did not participate in Score Choice--they wanted all the scores sent.

My ds took the Bio SAT II twice (and so will dd), so both his Bio scores were sent. It turned out not to be a big deal. Very often colleges that want all the scores also assure students that they only look at the highest scores. Also, ds improved his score by nearly 100 points on the 2nd try, so to me that shows commitment. I think what would look bad would be to take the test 5 times or something and not show much improvement.