Menu

Has anyone ordered French lit from Scholastic in Canada?

I have. :)

You need to contact customer service and provide proof that you are a registered homeschooler. (We provided a scan of our registration letter from the school board.) After they confirm you are a registered homeschooler they will give you an account number. Once you have the account number you can contact customer service again to set a password.

Feel free to msg me if you have any questions.

Rebecca

Also, word of caution... some of the texts are actually translations of English books. I would try to stick to "original" French texts whenever possible. Some of the translations are awkward... even for francophones! My eldest daughter went to a francophone school before she began homeschooling. Also, my husband is francophone.

Rebecca

Also, if you have particular suggestions for children's lit I'd love to hear them.

My Daughter's school used the GB+ leveled readers.

http://serveur1.odilon.ca/gbplus/

If you are teaching French as a second language I also recommend "Coup de pouce - Lexique thematique." It is a beginner dictionary grouped by theme.

http://www.cheneliere.ca/main+fr+01_500+Francais_COUP_DE_POUCE_lexique_thematique_-_manuel_80_pages.html?DivisionID=2&ItemID=5100

It is used in the French Immersion programs.

If you go to the French Resources tab and then click on "HOME" on the Canadian Parents for French (Ontario Chapter) web site you will be linked to lots of useful information including French bookstores and publishers.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to msg me if you need more information. :)