Menu

I need logic help! Please!

Guest amandachoward

Guest amandachoward

I am using Critical Thinking to teach my children logic. I have not been trained in logic at all. I am not a logical thinker at all. We have run into a problem that both of us do not understand. It is Critical Thinking book 2 about proving the validity of arguments. It is Lesson 2.5 and I am afraid if I don't get a handle on this we will have to give up. I have vaguely understood logic up until this point but I have been learning along with my daughter. If anyone could help I would so appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Guest amandachoward

I got it figured out. I had to think on it for a couple of days, but I am ready to move on. I guess I need to look ahead on Critical Thinking.

Guest amandachoward

I am continuing to use Critical Thinking. I am new to logic though and was having difficulty with a new concept. I had to really think about it for a couple of days then sit down and work all the problems to get through it. We were able to move on and am hoping to finish the book and move on to Introductory Logic. I have not used any other books so I am not sure what else would work. I hope you find something that works.

I am continuing to use Critical Thinking. I am new to logic though and was having difficulty with a new concept. I had to really think about it for a couple of days then sit down and work all the problems to get through it. We were able to move on and am hoping to finish the book and move on to Introductory Logic. I have not used any other books so I am not sure what else would work. I hope you find something that works.

I'm encouraged to read this!!!! I am going to buy these books for next year...this after hardly ever reading on these boards about people who use them. I also just ordered Introductory Logic, too! I'm hoping to get ahead of my son before it's time for him to do these books.

Hey, if you get stuck again and need to post for help...if you put Critical Thinking Book 1 or 2 in your title, you might get the attention of others who do use it. I know it would catch my attention and then I'd bookmark the thread to see the answers! :) I find I have to specify books in the title, in order to get the specific help I need.

I'm just so glad to hear that someone is successfully using these!