Menu

CC Foundations was such a good fit for us

I know people have very differing opinions and experiences with Classical Conversations, but I thought I would share our experience here. Ds was in ps last year at one year whole acceleration, and the school was planning to accelerate him another whole year (which would not have been a fit academically or socially) so we chose homeschooling instead. It's been a great choice.:)

Because he enjoyed a classroom experience so much, I explored various co-op options. He's such a difficult child to "fit" into any given program. We finally settled on CC Foundations. WOW! It was a beautiful fit! The multi-age classroom worked well. It was rigorous without being drudgery. (He loved the songs, doing memory work along with motions, being up and moving around the classroom, etc.) The best part was that there was new material each week so the amount of review wasn't problematic. We are planning to do the next 2 cycles of Foundations and then try to find something different. Just thought I would share this as an option for those who are searching for a co-op where their child won't be with kids much much older then they are or be bored by material that is too easy for them. I haven't really seen it mentioned much in gifted circles, but it worked so well for us this year.