Menu

Anyone use - or considering using - StraightTalk phones?

I saw these in Stuff-Mart today. In our need to continue reducing monthly expenses, they look intriguing.

Looks to me like $30/month for 1000 minutes or $45/month for unlimited text/talk/web is a fairly good deal. . . . .

What do you think? Any Hive reviews? Experiences?

:bigear:

I was going to do the Straight Talk, but instead went with the Walmart Family Mobile, $45/month unlimited talk and text and you can buy data so that you can access the web from your phone. I've had mine for 2 months now, and I'm very happy with the choice and the phone. You purchase what ever phone you like. Then as time goes by you can add lines, for your children or dh. I love it I think they are great. Straight Talk is ran by Tracfone (sp?), I previously had one of those and they didn't work in my area, being out in the woods of a tiny town, so I was afraid of using them again. The Walmart Family Mobile is on the T Mobile network, so I have great reception, even in my house.

I use straight talk and love it. I use the $30/mo card and have never run out of minutes or texts. I can access the web and post to FB, answer email etc. from my phone. I have never ran into not being able to use the phone but we live in a small city. I will never have a cell contract again :D

Edited by Quiver0f10

My husband uses it and loves it. He used AT&T before and would have times where he could not get service in the house, the yard, or the church. Now he only has one spot of highway that he lacks service on, and that is a place where everyone we know, regardless of service provider, gets a dead zone.