Menu

Saxon Math K, do I need the teacher's book?

I looked through the Virtual Sampling of Saxon Math Grade K today. My 4yo saw what I was doing and asked "What's that?" and then started answering the questions on the pages I read to him. He knew a lot of it, but there were still some new concepts, and he could always use the review. Then I looked at the teacher's guide, and it looked like it was all for classrooms.

My question is: do I need the teacher's guide for this low a level? Have you bought both and then not used the teacher's guide? Or did you get just the workbooks and feel something was missing?

Thank you in advance!

Unless something has changed very recently there is no workbook. The homeschool kit includes the teacher's manual which has "masters" in the back to use with the program and a meeting book which contains mainly the calendar and counting activities. Were you by chance looking a the school version of Saxon Math rather than the homeschool version? The homeschool version TM is very scripted but was not designed for classrooms but for a mom working with her child.

HTH,

Unless something has changed very recently there is no workbook. The homeschool kit includes the teacher's manual which has "masters" in the back to use with the program and a meeting book which contains mainly the calendar and counting activities. Were you by chance looking a the school version of Saxon Math rather than the homeschool version? The homeschool version TM is very scripted but was not designed for classrooms but for a mom working with her child.

HTH,

:blushing:Probably. That makes a lot more sense. Is the homeschool version on the same website? It was very confusing to me. I had trouble finding things, and it took me quite a while to find the prices!