Menu

Using the Kindle App on the laptop?

ChrissySC

I have the Kindle app on my laptop, the kids' laptop, and my andriod. The kids love it. I think it's partially the novelty. ;) I'm considering trying to talk DH into getting DD one for her birthday, and seeing how many TOG books I can find for it. LOL We use it a lot for the 'droid, too. The kids read Aesop's Fables at bedtime, and DH can just take my phone upstairs to read it to them, rather than looking for yet another elusive book . (I always know where my phone is... not so much for books around here.)

But, I won't be getting everything on Kindle. I got TWTM on it, and I regret now not just buying the book. I'm a big note taker, and I don't like not being able to flip to whatever I want at the moment. Plus, because of the size of my phone, I think, it's harder to keep up.

So, yes, I use it, and I like it, just not for everything. For fiction and other things I wouldn't need to take notes in, it would be awesome.

The kids respond well to the reading? I noticed the notetaking feature (where I can say go look in KHE, LOL) and the bookmarks. I liked that a lot. Do you have a netbook? I was considering putting the kindle app on it as well.

I am looking at the android tablet versus the phone. :) Everywhere we go has wifi, mostly because they are networks that I installed or tweaked over time, LOL. The portability is something I would love to have.

I put the Kindle App on all our computers/laptops/devices. I love having access to all my ebooks from anywhere.

Speaking of which, I just ordered TWTM Kindle version a few minutes ago. I accidentally sold both editions of my book. I will be ordering the physical version as well. That's a book that is worth having in both forms.

I have a Kindle, plus I have the app on my laptop and on my Android phone. The only thing I will say is that the actual Kindle is WAY less tiring for your eyes because it's not backlit. Yes, color is nice, but if you read a lot, there is a definate difference, at least to me. I can feel it in my eyes, if that makes sense. It would be ok for use with reference works or in a pinch, but I recommend the Kindle itself. If you have wifi, you can get the $139 Kindle.