Menu

Any missionaries on here? Need to ask some questions

Wee Pip

Hello: looking for a Christian missionary to answer some questions. My 8yo is in the AWANA program and needs to ask a missionary some questions in order to finish her book. Usually we ask Great-Grandma, who was a missionary in Africa and South America, but she has alzheimers and doesn't know who she is anymore. So, need to find another resource. Here are my dd's questions (feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it here):

1. Where do you work?

2. What is your job?

3. What's your favorite thing to do?

4. What do you like best about being a missionary?

Thanks so much for helping us with this homework assignment!

BUMP! Even if you don't think of yourself as a "missionary", do you or your family, or your teen go on mission's trips? If so, then you can answer the questions:) We need this by Wednesday.

If I don't hear from anyone, I may just have dd write a report about her great-grandma. Hopefully the awana leader will accept it.

I came to Africa as a MK and then studied here and did some mission work. Ended up marrying and making Africa my home, we are still very involved with church work and are at the moment at an hotel 500 miles from where we call home, planning and seeking ways to move and diversify my work whilst if this move happens we will be planting a new congregation and probably assist with some of the congregations across the border. We will become 'tent-makers' missionaries Lord willing..

Edited by sands1978

1. Where do you work? I worked in Baguio, Philippines

2. What is your job? I was a missionary kid teacher at a mission school

3. What's your favorite thing to do? talking to missionary Kids (MKs) and watching someone who has never heard about Jesus light up inside because they understand who he really is!

4. What do you like best about being a missionary? Getting to know another culture and eating new foods.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!!

1. Where do you work?

Came to South Africa as a foster MK, previously converted by Missionaries in Europe and fostered by the same familly when my bio familly needed help. Long story the converted Christian that become a missionary later.

Went on mission trips to Botswana, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.

2. What is your job? Studied at Bible College in South Africa whilst doing local mission work in the townships, advising Aids Orphans, working Schemes, translation and interperter (I speak Portuguese and French amoungst other languages which is quite handy in Southern Africa), counsellor for Girls in Danger of becoming victims or who were of Economic Enslavement to Prostituition, Sunday School, VBS Teacher and Holidays Teacher, working with Autistic and Special Needs Kids, Singing at funerals, cleaning elderly people houses and gardens, serving meals and cleaning at church, decorating for VBS, assemble and writting VBS, Sunday School and Holiday programs for Sunday School. Printing materials... Whatever needs to be done. Most was done and is still done on a volunteer

basis. Whilst on missions outside South Africa mostly counsellor and Religious Ed Teacher, women's groups leader and Sunday School teacher or facilitator. Went on mission trips to Botswana, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.

What' s your favorite thing to do?

Was probable the special needs kids and the danger counselling in the townships which I no longer do. At the stage I enjoy my volunteer involvement with my congregations various children's and ladies programs.

4. What do you like best about being a missionary?

I do not consider my self as a missionary any longer as I have made this our family's home. But in a way we can all be missionaries in our own communities. But with the work then and my church work now I love to see the everlasting joy that the Lord gives to all of us specially thay on fire attitude of a new Christian. Also the hopen and love Christianity gives to so meny that have nothing. The smile of my littles in their Sunday School class when they finally get it. The love for God's word in their hearts and their mumbled prayers at the end of class. '' Thank you....God...for ma, pa, my cat, teacha, my fiends...'' They are so pure and full of joy.