Menu

Dud you use RSO Life Sceince for K?

mom2denj

How did it work for you? Did your dc usnderstand the concepts? Did he/she enjoyit? The website suggests 1st grade, but I have noticed that several people were using it for K. I would like to hear your thoughts.

BTW, I do not know how to edit the titles. *Did you use RSO Life Science for K?

Edited by mom2denj

How did it work for you? Did your dc usnderstand the concepts? Did he/she enjoyit? The website suggests 1st grade, but I have noticed that several people were using it for K. I would like to hear your thoughts.

BTW, I do not know how to edit the titles. *Did you use RSO Life Science for K?

I think it is fine for K. I am doing it with my 5 year daughter and almost 7 year old son and they both enjoy and understand the concepts. My 7 year old loves science and I actually have to add to it for him

I used RSO for my ds when he was 9 and we were just starting out with homeschool. At the time dd was 4 and desperate to be included. I found that the program worked well for both of my kids that year. I would read the page or so of reading for each lesson that's included in the program, and then we'd do the activity together. Dd wasn't writing yet, so I'd have her tell me the answers for the lab sheet and I would write them in. She loved learning big words like "echinoderm" and was thrilled with the lab activities. The provided reading and activity were just the right amount for her limited attention span at that age, though, and she didn't join us for the extra "living books" reading I did with ds--which was fine with me, she was only four and had lots of years ahead of her to delve more deeply. She's now 8 1/2 and still remembers a lot of the things we did that year. I think RSO would work wonderfully for K.

I also didn't find either the ideas or concepts to be too much for my K the first time around or even my 4yo this time around.

BUT there was too much writing for even my 1st grader. But we also did the activites all together so it wasn't really a problem. And when we did it again this year, I just winged the lab sheets ;)

We JUST started RSO Life and my DS is not quite 5.5 right now. It's definitely doable...the writing seems to be just the right amount...and the labs are definitely fun and he's loving them!! I just wrote up a second blog post about our lab (we just finished Unit 2 today) and am SO so glad I took the recommendation of others on this board and started it sooner rather than later.