Menu

Having a panic attack - where to stay in Paris??

I'm in charge of booking our accommodations for ourselves and for the friends we're travelling with. We'll have 4 adults and 6 kids in total. I strongly advocated for staying in an apartment rather than a hotel. We'll be going to Euro Disney as well and our friends wanted to stay in a hotel out there while in Disney but no, I had to go and convince everyone that it would be cheaper (and more convenient) to stay in one place for the whole time and that it should be an apartment in central Paris.

I even had one that was affordable, central, and slept up to 14 people. So, our friends booked all of our train tickets to arrive in central Paris instead of at Euro Disney. Now I find out that the online calendar was not up to date and that apartment is not available. I've been searching for hours and still have not found anything else. I really do not want to ruin everyone's vacation!!

Does anyone have any advice for finding an apartment in Paris? This would be for five nights starting on May 31.

I am not sure where specifically you are looking to stay but the top two listings here (When I entered your dates) both would sleep your gang and are available. In case you are looking at a different area/price just click on the different arrondissements and enter your dates, sort it by "Sleeps High-Low" to see what is available...

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/europe/france/ile-de-france/paris/1-louvre-theatre-district

I'm going through the exact same problem and am becoming very, very frustrated. The only difference is that we no longer prefer to have an apartment. We're trying, very unsuccessfully, to get 2 rooms for our family of 4 through Priceline.

Apartments in Paris. I hope that this helps. I'm sorry you're having difficulty also.

I'm having problems with London as well. I'm just beginning to get thoroughly turned off by Europe and we're not even there yet. :glare:

http://www.rentparis.com/en/

http://locaflat.com

If you don't have the Rick Steves Paris book, I can post you some more listings from there. Let me know.

Well, I have a hard time feeling sorry for you girls.....:glare:

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

:lol:

I know ... I feel guilty and bad to be complaining, especially in these difficult times. Mind you, the way prices are right now, we may need to cancel our plans altogether. :confused:

If you end up deciding to stay near Euro Disney after all, I can recommend the Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe as clean and reasonably priced. We ended up there for a night last May after the darn Icelandic volcano tweaked our vacation plans.

The apartment had two bedrooms, one bath and a foldout couch in the living room. The kitchen worked for a simple dinner and breakfast.

We had a car, so I am unclear how far you would need to walk to the train station.

(Overall, I agree with you that I'd prefer to stay in central Paris, but I have no suggestions for that plan. :001_smile:)

I posted yesterday with a link to Vbro dot com but it seems to have disappeared, maybe because of the link. I have several friends who have had good luck with vrbo online. Just put in your dates, the area you are interested in and tell it to sort but "Sleeps High-Low". When I did it yesterday 2 places came up in La Marais that would fit your gang. I didn't look anywhere else since I did not know your preference.

Good Luck.

Wow! Thanks everyone. I've been going through vrbo.com and found a couple of places. There's a 4 bdrm that would be perfect, and the owner's going to get back to me about availability. It's also relatively cheap. I spent a few hours online yesterday and have spent an additional few hours today. I'll go through the other sites now and see what I can find.

Ideally, I'd love a 4 bdrm, but a 3bdrm with a sofa bed in the living room would work as well. I am hoping we can be within walking distance to the Louvre (within a 30 minute walk). It's hard to know what the distances are like. I remember travelling around central London and making all kinds of tube changes before I realized that if I just got off the tube instead of transfering I could walk 15 minutes and get to where I was going. Everything looks further away on a map.

That's what is hard about figuring out where to stay in Paris. I have no idea how big their districts are...

We're lucky to have had enough Hyatt points to stay at the Hyatt for free in London, but once we get to Paris we'll have to find an apartment.