Menu

If my 8 y/o ds loved the Spiderwick Chronicles and Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles..

He'll also like_______________. Please fill in the blank. He's on the last book of Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles and I don't know what else to get for him.

I've tried getting him to read the Young Indiana Jones books and the kids version of War of the Worlds, but to no avail. He's just NOT interested. Oh, I've also tried to get him to read How to Train Your Dragon and Series of Unfortunate Events but no-go. Which surprises me. I thought he'd really be in to those, but he won't give them a chance.

Help:001_huh:!

Guest dc3684

My son will be 8 in May, but he is a pretty advanced reader. These are some we either have read or are reading and enjoy. These are all series.

Captain Underpants

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Hank the Cowdog

Fart Powder

The Name of This Book is Secret - Pseudonymous Bosch

Mysterious Benedict Society

39 Clues

Another Whole Story

Chronicles of Narnia

Guardians of Ga'hoole

Percy Jackson

Series of Unfortunate Events

Inkheart

Eragon

*Edited to add, oddly enough, we have never read the Spiderwick Cronicles, I am adding the series to our list!

Edited by dc3684
adding info

Guest dc3684
:iagree:

Also Susan Coopers' Dark is Rising Series or The Black Cauldron books? oldies but goodies.

Ooooh, I forgot about the The Black Cauldron books, I LOVED those when I was young! Thanks for the reminder, that will be added to our list of must reads.:thumbup: