Menu

Biblioplan vs MFW

Guest momk2000

Guest momk2000

I plan to use MFW CTG for grade 5. Now I am looking at Biblioplan, and thinking I may use that instead. Decisions, decisions, arrgh!

Can anyone compare the two for me? I really love the look of Biblioplan, but have no experience with it. We used MFW Adventures a couple of years ago and really liked it.

I will also have a 1st grader tagging along, but I am most concerned that it is a good fit for my 5th grader.

I have used both. I chose to use Biblioplan in the long run. I like MFW, and still recommend it to people who need a lot of hand holding. It has science and Bible included as well as history. Biblioplan is just history. It has some supplements, but I have never used them so I can't chime in on those. It orders your spines, recommends additional books, but you can easily replace them with no ill effects. I like the flexibility, others want the structure. They are both adjustable for many ages, but Biblioplan gives different spines for different ages, and MFW has the younger siblings tag along getting what they can from the spine, but adjusting the read alouds. They are both great programs, and you can't go wrong with either, it is just a matter of what you want.

p.s. CTG was my least favorite of the MFW years we used. It was thorough, but some of the book choices were boring to us. I know others have loved it, the activities were ok, though we are not hands on people. The book choices were just not for us.

Edited by Free Indeed