Menu

favorite timeline and maps for VP's history?

Aloha2U

We will begin our 5 year history/bible cycles with VP this fall and I'm wondering, for those of you who've used VP, what are your favorite timeline and map resources (e.g., Abingdon's maps or Student Bible Atlas suggested by VP)?

:) Melissa

VP recommends Homeschool in the Woods timeline figures. We have the whole set on CD, the placement guide and the History through the Ages Notebooks. All of these are terrific. At the beginning of the year, I print out all of the timeline figures for the year. The guide makes placement in the timeline notebook a no-brainer.

Also: The student bible atlas is nice. We use a globe and a couple of maps that I had enlarged and laminated. My boys use whiteboard markers and often trace the areas we study.

We have the Student Bible Atlas and The Big Picture Bible Timeline, which have been great resources alongside The Child's Story Bible and The Children's Illustrated Bible that we've been using these past two years (OT in K5, NT in G1), but we're looking for something more as we begin our VP history/bible cycles, since we're already familiar with the aforementioned.

The Map Trek product (from Knowledge Quest) looks fantastic. They even have a curriculum integration guide for VP. HERE it is.

Perfect!

VP recommends Homeschool in the Woods timeline figures. We have the whole set on CD, the placement guide and the History through the Ages Notebooks. All of these are terrific. At the beginning of the year, I print out all of the timeline figures for the year. The guide makes placement in the timeline notebook a no-brainer.

Also: The student bible atlas is nice. We use a globe and a couple of maps that I had enlarged and laminated. My boys use whiteboard markers and often trace the areas we study.

Thank you so much for sharing these resources! We're completely sold on the maps... exactly what we're wanting!

I don't know if I would've chosen the timeline just from just looking at VPs catalog, so your recommendation is very helpful. It also helped to check out the Homeschool in the Woods site in order to see how it all comes together, though I'll most likely purchase the materials from CBD (just because I have other things to purchase as well).

Thanks again!

:001_smile: Melissa