Menu

Winston Grammar Questions

I'm interested in learning more about Winston Grammar. Someone recommended it over on the special needs board when I asked some hands-on grammar games or materials for a child with dyslexia. Tell me more, please. :bigear:

Can it be used with more than one child? If so, does each child need his or her own workbook? Has anyone used it with children at different levels with significantly different abilities?

How does your family use it? Do you do one lesson a week, throughout the year? Or do you go through it in less time?

Might it work to use it together as a group once a week, then do some of the extra practice work with one child throughout the week?

Is Winston designed (or can it be adjusted) to be "played" in some type of game fashion? Or is it simply a hands-on, not-quite-so-workbook-ish way to learn grammar?

On an old thread, someone mentioned Winston Grammar uses sentence parsing rather than diagramming. What does that mean? I loved diagramming as a child, and I planned to eventually use it in the future. Would it confuse a child to introduce parsing, then switch to diagraming later?

Thanks in advance!