Menu

BJU-Science...

sahm99

I am ready to jump into it (5th and 3rd grade, maybe also 1st), but wanted to know beforehand how difficult/easy the scheduling is?

Is the program structured in a way that makes it evident (e.g. 1 lesson per week)? What about the Workbook/Tests?

How many weeks of work are there in every book?

And, last but NOT least;): How independent can it be done? My kids are all very strong readers, and we are not a hands-on family (few experiences, if possible...:tongue_smilie:).

THANKS!!!

Edited by sahm99

The teacher manuals have the schedule broken down very nicely for elementary. It will say lesson 1, 2, 3..... The lessons are ment to be done in a day. If I remember correctly, you do about 3 lessons a week.

As for independent. Your child can read the student book independently but I find the heart of BJU curriculum for the elementary level is in the TM. Lot of good ideas and info in there. You do not have to sit with your child though. Discuss the book and do the experiments when it is convenient for you.

Edited by Down_the_Rabbit_Hole