Menu

MCT basic needs

dietmom

I see the homeschool basic package doesn't include the student manuals for a couple of subjects--are these necessary?? Will I be doing a lot of copy work if I don't get the student manuals?? Can you get student manuals without teachers manuals---or are those absolutely necessary. I'm looking at the town level!! Thanks for your help!

For the first edition, you don't need student books except for Practice Town. The TM is the exact same as the student book in the front section and then has lesson plans in the back section.

If you're looking at the revised 2nd edition, I've heard that you do now need separate student books for certain of the other books. Whatever is in the basic package is sufficient.

We have the first edition (I think) of Island level. There were a couple of pages I needed to type up (quizzes & in one case of Sentence Island a couple pages in the text that had answers hilighted, so I had to type them so we could talk through them without the answers).

I'm looking forward to seeing new editions at the conventions and to see the student editions alone.

If money is an issue at all, I'd go with the homeschool basic pack. I think the most I did in any book was 3-4 pages to retype at the most, so that's worth it. I did cover the side comments with post-its in a few places so my son wouldn't read them until after we discussed the page - also very easy to handle.