Menu

Artes Latinae -- High School Credits

My 10th grade daughter is just finishing year one of Artes Latinae (CD-rom). I know that the material with it suggests that it is the equivalent of one year of Latin. Does anyone with a Latin background have any opinion regarding that? It seems to me that by the time my daughter has completed all the work and the readings, she is spending much more than the amount of time typically required for a one year course. It is possible (actually likely) that, in her effort to do everything perfectly, she is not studying as efficiently as possible. Thanks for any suggestions on how to give credit for this!

Yvonne

My son has been using this program and is also finding it hard to complete in one year. There is a lot of info. My son is having to push himself and he is spending a hour a day on it. I emailed the company to confirm that this is a year program and they said yes. They suggested that he might not be doing enough but I don't see how that is possible. He reads approximately 75-100 frames a day and as you probably know each frame is different and varies in the amount of info on it. As to his transcript I'm calling it one credit and if he doesn't get finished in a year we'll keep on. He should be done with it in the early fall. Then we'll start the next level.

It took us more than 1 year to complete AL level 1 as well. I counted it as

one high school credit and switched to something else because I didn't feel for the time we spent we learned enough. There were many things I did like about it though, especially the pronunciation and it was fairly easy to use. It has been at least 10 years since I used this program so someone who has used it more recently may be of more help.