Menu

Some cute, simple ideas if you make valentines...

Here are some things I did with my kids last year, if anyone's looking for cute, very simple, homemade valentine ideas. (I found these in various places online, I'm not that creative all by myself) :P

1. Trace child's hand on construction paper and cut it out. Use a heart shaped sticker (or a little roll of tape on the back of a second, smaller construction paper heart) to attach a small lollipop.

2. Make "shiny" valentines by cutting aluminum foil in the shape of hearts and gluing those to red and pink folded construction paper.

3. My favorite- Valentine's Day Cookie Pops. Get a package of ready-to-bake sugar cookies, insert popsicle sticks into them, bake them, then frost them with vanilla frosting and decorate them with various pink and red sprinkles and candies and so on. Stick them in ziplock bags gathered and tied with pink or red ribbon.

4. Make little animals out of construction paper hearts.

Oh, and a cute game idea- find a cartoonish picture of Cupid with his bow and arrow online, print it and affix it to a larger piece of construction paper, tape it on the wall, and give the kids construction paper hearts and a blindfold to play "pin the heart on cupid" with a goal of getting it as close to his arrowpoint as possible.

My kids also enjoyed having to find hidden construction paper hearts and seeing who could find the most.