Menu

Math to Know, Math at Hand, Math on Call

elise1mds

Has anyone else used or seen these books? Someone gave me a copy of "Math at Hand Problem Solving Book A," and it looks like something my son will really enjoy in a year or so, after he has his multiplication and division facts down. I was considering purchasing the Math to Know problem-solving book to serve as a supplement between MUS lessons, for those tricky weeks when we're working on memorizing math facts and don't need to add more, and then I saw that there is a Math to Know handbook as well. I can't work out what the handbook is, though, whether it's simply a reference book or a curriculum or what. Anyone know? Are these worth purchasing? Thanks :)

Funny you should mention these. A few weeks ago I got Math To Know and Math on Hand at the thrift store for $1.00 each. My dh stopped there today after work and found Math on Call. I don't have the problem solving books. All 3 of mine are the handbooks. These are for a reference (kinda like the "Everything You Need To Know About ____ Homework"; which are also nice to have); so, if there's something you or your child doesn't understand or quite grasp, you look it up in the books and get the explanation and examples. The back of each book has a Yellow Pages which includes (depending on the book) Glossary of Mathematical Terms, Symbols, and Formulas. They seem to explain things well, are colorful, and the graphics are very nice. I think they are really nice books and I'm so glad I found them. The only math I had in High School was General Math in 9th grade.....so, I can use any help I can get.