Menu

Great Homeschool Convention - workshop question

MeganW

I am so excited about my first homeschool convention in Greenville, SC in March. I have read the listing of presenters and workshops, but am having a hard time finding a list of WHEN each workshop is offered.

Do you register for the individual workshops ahead of time, or is it just first-come, first-serve? How do you know what is offered when, or do you not know until you get there? Is there a separate charge for each workshop? Ticketing for each workshop (with or without a charge)?

Do they have suggested "tracks" other than the one for teens? Like newbies may want to do these 3, and then either this or this? Parents of younger elementary students should consider these 3? etc.

It is going to kill me if I have to wait until I get there to make a schedule! :)

We'll be going & I'm in a similar boat.

I believe they'll update the times as the conference gets closer.

Are you on their email list?

If so, I think they'll send an email and link when the times are set.

I'm getting a list of materials I want to see in the convention hall and questions I want to ask. I'm also picking the sessions I most want to go to. If I want to attend two workshops at the same time, I'll send my husband to one and tell him to take good notes :)

From what I've read, no charge for any workshops. I think they will be first come first serve, so if there's something you really want, get there early-ish.

At the top of the list they state that they will be posting the times prior to the convention and they will send an email when the schedule is available.

The seminars are first come, first serve. I am anticipating very full large rooms!! So I wouldn't wait to slip in the seminar of your choice at the last minute!!

When the schedule's available, circle the ones you are interested in and then narrow it down for there. If audio will be available then if there's a conflict decide which one you wouldn't mind listening to rather than seeing in person.

I doubt that they will have "suggested" tracks as you describe. But once the schedule comes out it will be easier to decide. As you look at the descriptions, try to determine which seminars are going to be promoting a particular curriculum rather than talking generally about a subject. That will also help you to decide between concurrent seminars.

I like to bring books that I own that I would like signed by the authors when I go. You can also bring address labels for the exhibit hall to help with sign ups for info (or drawings if any vendors have them!)

I want to put in a plug for Jeannie Fulbrights notebooking and Charlotte Mason session (even if you don't follow Charlotte Mason - the principles she talked about were very helpful to me!) And also the sessions by SWB and Jessie Wise!!