Menu

PC Alarm Clock?

I was thinking about installing one of those PC alarms that will play a custom sound and give a reminder window. I thought it would help keep me on task during the day. Our computer is right in the main area of the house where we manage everything from chores to schoolwork, and it is also my main source of distraction. I know Outlook has reminders, but the sounds are simplistic and you must have Outlook actively open, so it's never been that effective. I want an alarm that won't be easily overlooked.

Does anyone use anything like this? Is it helpful?

I've seen some good reviews of "free" ones that end up costing after a trial, but I know there are some freeware downloads out there that may just be a bit more simplistic or outdated.

I was thinking about installing one of those PC alarms that will play a custom sound and give a reminder window. I thought it would help keep me on task during the day. Our computer is right in the main area of the house where we manage everything from chores to schoolwork, and it is also my main source of distraction. I know Outlook has reminders, but the sounds are simplistic and you must have Outlook actively open, so it's never been that effective. I want an alarm that won't be easily overlooked.

Does anyone use anything like this? Is it helpful?

I've seen some good reviews of "free" ones that end up costing after a trial, but I know there are some freeware downloads out there that may just be a bit more simplistic or outdated.

Have you tried Flylady? Does she do that? I use Outlook for my own reminders and don't mind having it open during the day (as my system is high speed and the computer is always on). I wonder if you can program it to do different sounds than the single ding? Sorry I am not much help! :001_smile: