Menu

working and homeschooling

Two different questions addressed here:

A decent opportunity has come up for me to go back to work. We really need some extra money right now and I can basically work whenever I want and the hours I want..like two days a week and some Saturdays. But it will not be very much money to start out with because I'm a hairstylist by trade but with no clients at the moment. With this business it takes a long time to really see a profit, especially in a small town. I will also be doing nails and pedicures which should help.

Question 1- For those of you who work, how do you manage with homeschooling? Is it really stressful?

Question 2-What are things you like about your own hairstylist and what do you not like? I want to try to set myself apart from the norm and hopefully draw clients more quickly. Also, what do you pay for a haircut and style?

Two different questions addressed here:

A decent opportunity has come up for me to go back to work. We really need some extra money right now and I can basically work whenever I want and the hours I want..like two days a week and some Saturdays. But it will not be very much money to start out with because I'm a hairstylist by trade but with no clients at the moment. With this business it takes a long time to really see a profit, especially in a small town. I will also be doing nails and pedicures which should help.

Question 1- For those of you who work, how do you manage with homeschooling? Is it really stressful?

Question 2-What are things you like about your own hairstylist and what do you not like? I want to try to set myself apart from the norm and hopefully draw clients more quickly. Also, what do you pay for a haircut and style?

Unconventional hours such as evenings may give you an edge:) I did work part time when I did school at home and I found working evenings and weekends best since I could coordinate with dh and family to help care for our ds. If you are working from home, you may have even more flexibility, I found homeschooling more productive in the morning hours than afternoon hours as well.