Menu

Common App Mid-Year Report Questions

momofgals

I'm nearly ready to complete dd's mid-year report for the common application as well as for other schools to which dd has applied. I have some questions, though, which I hope those of you who have btdt can answer for me.

Dd's transcript doesn't have a place on it for mid-term grades. Should I change the part that says "Final Grade" to say "Mid-term Grade" and then upload the transcript, or is there somewhere else where I indicate the mid-term grades for the subject? (Of course, one of her courses was a one-semester, one-credit course at a local college, so the grade is a final one. Hmmm...another problem.)

Would I leave the Evaluation section blank, since I already uploaded a document for that with the first application? I notice that it is not a required field (marked with a yellow dot) as it was on the initial secondary school report.

Thanks for any help/suggestions that you give. The guidance counselor role has been more challenging than I thought it would be!

Hi,

I just looked back at my midyear submissions for my son (2 years ago). On the transcript, I had a column for course name, credits, and grade. For the full year, 12th grade courses, I just put "IP" in the credit area and then gave a grade in the grade column. In the key section of the transcript, I said IP = in progress and grades given are mid-term grades. I also listed the grades for his fall CC courses, which were done at that time. The number of credits for these courses were indicated on the original transcript submission.

The only course descriptions I put with the mid-year transcript were those for CC courses he was taking in the spring (which were not included with the original transcript submission).

I included a very brief counselor letter stating that he was still making good progress. I also mentioned a couple of honors/awards he received after the original submission.

And, yes, the counselor role is a lot of work...

HTH,

Brenda