Menu

Need camera advice!

I have a Canon digital Rebel, the model XT from about...four years ago? Its been great and I've loved it. I even got a couple diff lens to go with it (a long lens and a short wide lens).

However, I'm not a photographer and I don't know anything about shutter speeds, white balances, etc. So I just left it on auto the whole time and let the camera auto adjust.

This last month my camera really went down hill. :( I don't know if its just wearing out or what? The flash stopped popping up (I have to manually pull it up now), and usually out of about every 50 pictures I'll have one that doesn't "process" all the way or something -its only half taken (hard to explain). But then finally last week my camera just stopped turning on. I charged the battery but it just won't turn on. So I'm thinking of just selling it all, with the lens (or lens seperately) as is on Ebay and buying a new camera. :(

The thing is...I just don't know what I want!! I know that I don't want just a basic point and shoot. I DO love my high quality pictures that I got from the Rebel. I also loved the zero-wait time between click and picture capture. However that's not a big deciding factor in a new camera for me. I don't think I want a big bulky camera again, but I know that if I want the DSLR features then I would be getting another big bulky camera.

I also want video capability. We don't have a camcorder anymore so we haven't had videos of the kids in a long time. I don't know though if it would be better to buy a digital camcorder also.

So I seem so wishy washy...lol

I guess I just don't know what I want. Preferably a small camera, that takes video, that has superb picture quality, that has the quickest click to capture speed allowable in small non-DSLR cameras....LOL

Is that possible??

Any camera suggestions?

THANKS!