Menu

Lana, how's your French going?

JadeOrchidSong

Thanks for your response, Julie.

What program will you use after this one?

We are finishing up Song School Latin and I feel like introducing a modern language before going to serious Latin study. I already bought Latin for Children A. We are studying Mandarin because I am a native speaker. I just would like my boys to learn some French too.

J

Well after book 1, then I will do book 2, I have both of them. After that I will likely buy book 3 and 4. After that it depends on my boys. The 'problem' is that they are still young and in my opinion it is highly unlikely that either of them, especially my youngest will be ready for a program that involves writing.

I have used, and will continue to use lots of the educational children's video's. (Bilingual baby, Pim, Professor Toto) and various audio CDs (lyrical language, French on the move, Hear and say)

But after I'm done with all 4 books of Ecoutez, Parlez!. Well that leaves me in a pickle. At the rate I think we'll go that will be in a year or two. I'm not sure how well my youngest will master the material, but he does get some/most of it. So that will leave me with a 6 and 8 year old needing a beginner to intermediate program that doesn't require any writing and if it covers grammar goes VERY, VERY slowly.

Can you try L'Art de Dire or L'Art de Lire by then? I am tempted to try L'Art de Dire, but it is a little expensive. I will have to take time to think a little. I will have a look at Ecoutez, Parlez.

Thanks,

J