Menu

Is this backtracking too much - ? about FLL3/4 and writing

Tabitha

I was getting ready to buy everything we needed for 4th grade. We won't be done with 3rd for another 2 months.

We did FLL for 1 & 2. For 3rd, we went to GWG. My plans for 4th were to use R&S English 4 and Writing Strands 3. However...my dd's handwriting is absolutely pathetic. She ALWAYS forms things from the bottom up or clockwise when it should be opposite that. I have tried for 4 years to break her of this and have not succeeded. She loves to make little books, so I thought Writing Strands would be nice for her.

Then I took a peak at the WWE and FLL 3 and 4. Oy! I've stopped in my tracks, and now I don't know what to do.

Would it be unwise to back up and do FLL3 quickly, using it with WWE. Then go onto FLL4, also with WWE. Then, after this...move onto R&S and Writing Strands...pending what comes next after WWE. I really wish the WWE workbooks for 3 and 4 were out....

Since she needs handwriting help, this is the biggest thing making me feel I should go back to FLL and pair it with WWE. I only wanted to do FLL 3 to make sure I didn't miss anything in the flow of the FLL series.

Any thoughts? I want to buy things soon before the money is spent elsewhere.

Thanks!

Tabitha

FLL3 would be all review and redundant. Both programs cover basically the same topics (I think!). You could move into FLL4 without any problems. I've only used GWG4, but based on what that covers and browsing through FLL3 (which I own)...both programs seem consistent, KWIM? GWG3 = FLL3 in scope and sequence. If I"m wrong, somebody correct my error please.

As for WWE...it would go well with FLL4. The workbook for WWE would be convenient though, wouldn't it? :) Who knows, maybe it'll be available soon!

Thanks Sue.

I feel that is what I will do. My dd in 1st will be using this all the way and get the full benefit of the student workbooks.

And...since the next writing steps for the upper grades will be out soon...perhaps all those materials will be ready when we're at that stage.

Thanks for the reassurance...off to order this afternoon.

Tab