Menu

Now a question re: Queens LL *and* ETC

MicahMaloo

One more question, in case anyone has used both. I am going to order ETC books 2 and 3 for my 1st grader...I think he will not mind these as much as what we have been doing (R & S phonics), and as I said we need to back up for a while.....anyway will using ETC *and* LL for Queen be a great 'total' language arts combination for now? (I am also ordering Queens Spelling through copywork A in case we want to add that in later this year). Reading practice from real books, of course, will be in there as well. ;)

Opinions?

It will be enough language arts for now, but will move very slowly in reading instruction. My dd is working through Language Lessons for Little Ones 2 and ETC 2, but we are also using MFW Grade 1 for reading instruction. I feel very comfortable with this combo. Is R & S doable at all? maybe even do it orally? or very, very slowly? HTH

Blessings,

Pat

It will be enough language arts for now, but will move very slowly in reading instruction. My dd is working through Language Lessons for Little Ones 2 and ETC 2, but we are also using MFW Grade 1 for reading instruction. I feel very comfortable with this combo. Is R & S doable at all? maybe even do it orally? or very, very slowly? HTH

Blessings,

Pat

Hi Pat,

I saw that LL would be slow in the reading instruction so I thought that basically it could be a review to ETC so to speak. I just really like it for the other components. I suppose R&S may be do-able, but we are so SICK of it. He just hates it...so it's gone. :D

I thought with ETC, the slow review in LL, and easy readers would be full phonics....I hope I'm not wrong.

No, you are not wrong. I didn't mean to make you second guess yourself. What you have planned will work very nicely in my opinion. It will be a nice gentle way to teach. I, personally, like the extra reading instruction I am getting from MFW and thats why I wondered about still using R & S. I wouldn't continue to use R & S if your child hates it though and you will definitely be able to tell if your child is progressing. So go for it! You do have a very good plan. Both programs are very good and go well together.

Blessings to you,

Pat