Menu

How do I clean my wood laminate flooring?

We are having wood laminate installed right now. There is dust and dirt everywhere from the installation and they are bothering my allergies. I can see dust type particles all over the floor. Some of it may be sawdust from them cutting the boards. I tried sweeping and it really doesn't get it up....neither does vacuuming. I want to wipe it with something damp but I'm not sure if I can do that? Will it harm the laminate? And if I do clean it with something damp, do I need to wipe it up afterwards?

With our wood laminate I take a microfiber cloth and wrap it around an old swiffer mop. Then I either lightly spray the microfiber with water. It is just enough to help the microfiber pick up all the dust off the laminate without getting water spots on the laminate or having to wipe it down.

If I have sticky spots on the floor than I spray cleaner directly on the spot and then go over it with the microfiber.

I have damp mopped the laminate with water/vinegar when it has needed a really good cleaning but then I had to quickly follow up each section towel drying it to prevent water from seeping in at the seams and to prevent water spots.