Menu

JAG/AG and testing

give_me_a_latte

If you follow the guidelines for JAG and AG, you won't be introducing grammar until 4th grade. What if your state has you start testing in 3rd grade though? Has anyone dealt with this? Did you do some basic grammar to prep your kids for testing? Or just not even worry about it because who really cares about tests anyway? :tongue_smilie:

If you follow the guidelines for JAG and AG, you won't be introducing grammar until 4th grade. What if your state has you start testing in 3rd grade though? Has anyone dealt with this? Did you do some basic grammar to prep your kids for testing? Or just not even worry about it because who really cares about tests anyway? :tongue_smilie:

I go through a spectrum test prep book the year of their test, I also have flash cards on the parts of speech that I start going through (oldest) and with the middle two I went through FLL 1/2. All three have done great on the grammar portion of the CAT 5, but it is about a 4 hour test. The muli-day test might be a different matter because of how detailed they are.

My quandary is my ds has auditory processing issues, so FLL and flashcards probably won't work. I might start JAG a year early and just do it at half pace.

Heather