Menu

Does Singapore Intensive Practice Correspond to the Standards Edition?

Cindyz

We have been using Singapore Standards edition for 1A. We're almost done with 1A and it's time to buy books for 1B. So far, math has been very easy for him and I'd like to try to substitute the intensive practice workbooks for the regular workbook, but I'm wondering if they will match up since the IP books are for the US edition and we're using standards?

These are the IP books I'm looking at. Are there IP books for standards? I can't seem to find them if there are.

http://www.singaporemath.com/Primary_Math_Intensive_Practice_s/139.htm

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The IP won't "line-up" with the SE Textbook the way the SE workbook does.

We do both the SE Workbook, and then the IP from the US Edition for additional challenge. I don't worry that the IP doesn't exactly line-up for this use (maybe even being a plus) but I do like having Textbook exercises (that we walk through together) and Workbook problems that correlate to the lessons.

But at level 1A/1B one could get away with skipping the Workbook if it is just too easy.

Bill

We used US edition for level 1. Switched to Standards for Level 2. It was no problem aligning IP with the Standards edition. In level 3 (this year), there is one more significant switch where some material in 3A is in the IP for 3B and vice versa.

There is no Standards edition of IP - but it's well worth using and not tough to align (although after 2 - double check!).