Menu

virtual pantry/kitchen organization HELP!

Ok, I'm tired of having crap in my cupboards that don't get used and never knowing what to make or what I have. So I just got finished going through and writing down EVERYTHING that's on my shelves, in the freezer/fridge etc. (well except all my spices. I have too many and I'm not up to that task yet, lol)

Now what the heck do I do with the info? I was thinking about making up my own spreadsheet, but if there is already something out there that will organize by category and possibly select recipes for me I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I tried a quick search online for virtual pantry, and the two things that popped up I wasn't terribly impressed with.

I figured if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction or give me some advice on what to do with the information now you ladies might be able to help. :) I'm not always so great at some of the domestic stuff, but I'm trying to learn!

Lots of people looked, but no help? :(

I went ahead and made a spreadsheet of everything and I'm now trying to figure out how best to use everything. The good thing is I've come to the conclusion I buy way to many dry goods (pasta's, rice dishes, instant potato's) and they sit there forever. What I'm short on is fruits and veggies, which makes sense because I tend to buy them fresh.