Menu

AS program recommendations Latin/ Spanish ?

Guest momshayof3

Guest momshayof3

We just started the powerspeak through the K12 VA program (in the 14 day free trial time) anyone had success with powerspeak? Any other recommendations? online ok - or tutor better?

Would you start Latin and Spanish same time? 5th grader wants to learn Latin and school system yet to start Spanish feel like we are really behind just read TWM and panicking a bit about how much we aren't doing! Trying with 5th grader then thought will try the twins. Do we start them now so they don't have a late start or too much for 2nd grade?

We just started the powerspeak through the K12 VA program (in the 14 day free trial time) anyone had success with powerspeak? Any other recommendations? online ok - or tutor better?

Would you start Latin and Spanish same time? 5th grader wants to learn Latin and school system yet to start Spanish feel like we are really behind just read TWM and panicking a bit about how much we aren't doing! Trying with 5th grader then thought will try the twins. Do we start them now so they don't have a late start or too much for 2nd grade?

I'd go with Latin as the language will help your dc later with the Romance languages of Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian, and Portuguese, but I would start with only one language. Many Christian homeschool vendors have online Latin classes. You also may wish to look into Latin for Children, Getting Started with Latin, and Lively Latin.

Will add links in a minute or two.

Edited by Carmen_and_Company

Guest momshayof3

Thanks Carmen! Will look into the programs you suggest and start with just one language now that I think of it I guess two at the same time could be confusing. Thanks again!