Menu

Kinetic Books Physics: built-in tests? virtual lab key? Conceptual vs Principles

Do these physics curricula have built-in tests besides the end of chapter problems? I am trying to understand if there are built in ways for me to easily determine a grade.

Is an answer key available for the virtual labs? Or are the lab answers included in the Solutions Manual?

If I buy Principles but only want to cover the Conceptual material for now, is it as easy as skipping several chapters? Or does Principles cover similar topics in more depth and have a different set of problems and tests?

I am switching to KB Principles of Physics this year after using Apologia for three years at our co-op. I purchased both Principles and Conceptual so I could compare them side-by-side.

There are no tests from KB. They suggest that you use some of the end-of-chapter problems as test questions. Kolbe Academy was willing to sell me a copy of their course plan and tests packet, but I decided that I would have to do too much work to adapt it to our situation.

I don't know about answers for the virtual labs. I have heard that KB won't sell a text Solutions Manual to homeschoolers.

There are only a very few chapters in Principles that are not in Conceptual. However, there are many sections within several of the chapters that are in Principles but not Conceptual. Somewhere on the website are detailed tables of contents.

HTH