Menu

Outstanding Christian Worldview/Bible Survey Curriculum

dallas12

I just wanted people to know about an outstanding Christian Worldview/Bible Survey curriculum that I am using with my daughter. It is from Summit Ministries and they have curriculums for each grade level. They also have special conferences for young people and adults. I am using the Building on the Rock curriculum. The details on it are below. I hope this is helpful to some. My daughter loves it and I am learning some new things too! Blessings!

http://www.summit.org/curriculum/

“Building on the Rock is the first fully integrated worldview and Bible survey course for elementary school students. This unique curriculum is designed to help younger students begin to formulate and relate learned Bible facts with a genuine Christian worldview, while laying the groundwork for later comparative worldview studies.

Building on the Rock is designed to help students interpret knowledge and build foundational beliefs and values from a Christian perspective. In an age of competing worldviews, this curriculum will help young students formulate a biblical perspective of the world so that they will reflect the Scriptures both in their thoughts and in their actions.

Building on the Rock includes six sections of study designed in a spiral sequence that effectively integrates both worldview and biblical content. Each grade level concentrates on one of the sections and either reviews or introduces the others. One incredible advantage of this design is that students who enter the curriculum at different grade levels can be easily included without having gone through the previous grades.

The theme for Grade 1 is entitled Wisdom. It lays the foundation for the curriculum by presenting four Biblical Truths related to God and truth, emphasizing the relational nature of God and the personal nature of truth as expressed in Christ. The themes for Grades 2–5, entitled Fellowship, Image-Bearing, Servanthood, and Stewardship, focus on the four relationships of creation. Each theme develops four Biblical Truths within the framework of creation, fall, and redemption. The first two Biblical Truths within each theme address God’s creational intent for the relationship. The third Biblical Truth focuses on the effects of the fall on the relationship, and the fourth on the redemption and restoration of the relationship through the atoning work of Christ. The theme for Grade 6 is entitled A World of Worldviews. It introduces students to the essential components of all worldviews, laying the groundwork for Lightbearers in the middle grades and further comparative worldview studies.â€