Menu

Art for 1st grader

StormySar

My last issue for next year is art for my first grader. I haven't found anything that I'm really happy for, and don't have a copy of TWTM to see what is recommended in the book. I borrow it from the library as needed, and I've got it on hold right now just waiting to get it.

what did you use during your first graders year, what did you like/not like about it? how often did you schedule art into your school week and about how long did you plan per session?

We are doing art projects around our Science and history this year.

I have a bunch of art lesson books but just did not feel like adding another curriculum to the mix.

When we study pyramids with our Ancients we will learn about sculpture and build a pyramid out of foam blocks.

When we are learning about birds in Science we will build a bird house and paint it in art that week.

I think next year I may focus more on the artists.

My last issue for next year is art for my first grader. I haven't found anything that I'm really happy for, and don't have a copy of TWTM to see what is recommended in the book. I borrow it from the library as needed, and I've got it on hold right now just waiting to get it.

what did you use during your first graders year, what did you like/not like about it? how often did you schedule art into your school week and about how long did you plan per session?

Art Adventures At Home. I confess, I didn't use it for first grade, but wish I had. Simple. Solid.

http://www.christianbook.com/art-adventures-home-level-1-gr/pattye-carlson/9780975414217/pd/0109649

Look for it used on www.homeschoolclassifieds.com

Geo

Edited by Geo