Menu

Herbal Remedy for Acne

This post is dedicated to all the teenagers who have tried every acne medication under the sun with little success.

My herbalist friend recommended Raspberry Herbal Tea which cleanses the liver. She says dairy foods such as cheese should be reduced or eliminated from a teen’s diet because cheese is a mucus producing food. After eliminating cheese and reducing the intake of ice cream, my dd’s skin improved somewhat.

We noticed a tremendous difference after she started having the Raspberry Herbal Tea. The dosage is 3-4 cups per day. At first I was making it too strong and her heart was beating irregularly. Then I started to make it according to the directions below and her heart is doing really well.

This is an herbal tea; you cannot buy it in the grocery stores. To order, call AmeriHerb at 1-800-267-6141. The name is Raspberry leaf c/s double cleaned (Rubus idaeus). One pound is $4.20 and lasted over 3 months. It is an inexpensive solution to acne problems. By the way, I do not own stock in this company, I am merely testifying to the fact that it is working for us.

Here is the recipe:

Bring 1 gallon of distilled water to a boil (distilled water is void of chemicals and minerals and absorbs the nutrients and healing components of the Raspberry leafs much more than the regular tap water. Tap water absorbs 3-5% of the strength of Rapberry leafs, whereas distilled water absorbs 50-70% of Rapberry leafs.)

Turn off the heat.

Pour 1/3 cup of Raspberry leafs into the hot water and stir.

Let it sit for 30-45 minutes. It can sit longer if you wish to strain it after it cools off a bit.

Strain leafs from the water.

I use 3 packets of Stevia (in the raw, 0 calories) and 3 packets of Truevia (0 calories) as sweetener while the tea is warm.

Pour it into a jar and keep refrigerated. Drink 3-4 cups per day (You can start gradually and work your way up to 3-4 cups/day).

If you don’t want to make 1 gallon at a time, then use 1 teaspoon of Raspberry leaf for each cup of distilled water. There are 16 cups in 1 gallon of water.

Currently we are using expired, 3-step-Proactive (on Ebay) and Neutrogena Acne Stress Control (from Walmart) to manage the stubborn acne. The tea has reduced the number and size of Acne on her face. We use less medication as a result of the tea.

I read somewhere that it takes 6-9 months for the acne scars to go away.

The red raspberry-leaf tea is high in a number of organic (natural and healing) minerals and vitamins and is a fine herbal liquid food for the body. This contains the wonderful nitrate of iron which has remarkable blood-making and regulating properties as well as astringent and contracting action on the internal tissues and membranes. It also contains pectin, malic and other organic acids, calcium, and potassium chloride, and sulphates.

The tea is caffeine-free.

I hope this is helpful.

As far as I can tell there are 4 types of acne:

1) White heads (this type does not leave scars)

2) Black heads (this type does not leave scars)

3) Lighter color red with nothing on the peak. (this type usually happens on the forehead and does not leave scars)

4) Darker color red with nothing on the peak. (this type usually happens between the cheekbones and ears, along the hairline and leaves small craters or holes in the skin after it is healed).

The herbal raspberry tea has gotten rid of type 1,2,4 and (90% of type 3). Currently my dd doesn’t have any acne. I calculated that the tea costs $1.40 per month in addition to 8 gallons of distilled water ($1/gallon) = total of $9.40 per month.

My dd and ds are very happy with it.

• 5 months later...

Update:

Stevia and Truvia gave my daughter heart palpitations. She had to get off them completely.

Now she drinks the raspberry tea without any sweeteners and her heart is fine.

Please be careful with these sweeteners.