Menu

Grammar quandry. Does anyone use Language Fundamentals &/or Daily Language Review

BatmansWife

OK....call me crazy (again!). Everytime I think I have it all figured out, I start second guessing. :banghead:

My plan for 1st grade (which we won't be starting until January) was to use McRuffy Phonics (this would include grammar, spelling, handwriting). I haven't gotten to really look at it to see how much of each of these things are covered.

We love McRuffy K, so I figured I'd just continue on. Buuuuuttt.....I seem to love picking and choosing each subject (this for handwriting, this for spelling, this for grammar). I know.....I told ya' I'm crazy. I've often considered Growing with Grammar. But, I have to say that every time I go back to the website and look at the samples......well, I'm just not overly impressed.

I was reading reviews for GwG and someone mentioned Language Fundamentals (you can see samples at Rainbow, Amazon and CBD). I actually really like the look of it. It can also be used along with Daily Language Review, which seems like something my dd would enjoy. Both are from Evan Moore. Looks like LF goes through 6th and DLR goes through 8th. Soooo....has anyone used either of these? Has anyone tried GwG and were not very impressed?

Here are the links to the publishers website that shows the most samples:

Language Fundamentals:

http://www.evan-moor.com/Title.aspx?CurriculumID=3&ClassID=169&SeriesID=81&TitleID=294&EmcID=305

[/url]

Daily Language Review

http://www.evan-moor.com/Title.aspx?CurriculumID=3&ClassID=169&SeriesID=35&TitleID=142&EmcID=140

I used DLR in 4th and 1st grades. The exercises were great at review but taught nothing. Literally, no teaching instruction, just exercises to do. If you have teaching instruction elsewhere these would make great reviews.

Haven't used Language Fundamentals. Perhaps it's the teaching instruction for DLR??

I used DLR in 4th and 1st grades. The exercises were great at review but taught nothing. Literally, no teaching instruction, just exercises to do. If you have teaching instruction elsewhere these would make great reviews.

Haven't used Language Fundamentals. Perhaps it's the teaching instruction for DLR??

I think you might be right. They say the two go together. I thought the samples looked good. I guess you never know until you give it a try. :confused:

Anyone else use Language Fundamentals??? :bigear:

• 2 weeks later...