Menu

Abeka 3 Language or GWG?

Pammy

I would love to do Rod & Staff, but I am trying to get organized and have all the worksheets laid out for my children using the filing system. Anyway, I have an older set of Abeka 3 Language and it looks okay... a little boring but okay.

I have heard GWG is more independent for the student, which is nice for the busy momma!

I used Abeka3 last year with my daughter but switched to Rod & Staff this year. R&S is more of a writing and grammar book, where the Abeka is grammar centered. If you have the Abeka already, I'd just do that and start on R&S 4 next year. We didn't have any trouble making the transition. I will say that I have to help her alot more with the R&S because it covers a lot of diagramming sentences which she hadn't done previously. Each lesson has a well laid out explanation of the topic which is nice for independent learners. Check out their site, and you can see actual pages out of the books. They review quite a bit, so you should be fine if you do Abeka this year.