Menu

Do the teachers in your life support...

Some yes, some no. I've found those who truly VALUE education support me whereas it seems the others feel threatened. One friend of mine whom I taught with told me it was "like a slap in the face toward her and her dh" (he teaches) when I first started. I was appalled since I used to be a ps teacher too - we taught the same subject across the hall from each other! Anyway, that friendship has waned since I began this journey 2 years ago... I became tired of educational choice for so long; if she chooses to not accept my choice for my kids, then that is her problem, not mine.

So if I change the oil in my own car, is that a slap in the face to my auto mechanic? Or if I grow my own vegetables, did I just affront a farmer?:lol:

MIL is retired public school teacher, 100% supportive (but she's great...she's been supportive of virtually all the stuff we do, no matter how wacky...)

Older brother was a public school teacher for about 6 years...but he's a Statist, so I know how he feels. He has the good sense to be quiet about it, and so there is peace...and despite having no kids of his own, he does like mine.

About 1/3 of the HSers in our group were PS teachers. Other friends that are teachers are pretty much 'live & let live.'

Occasionally I run into a 'true believer' schoolteacher that thinks we're horribly wrong, but they're not really in my life.

I honestly get much more negativity from 'Administrator-types' in the PS...