Menu

Help with Prima Latina plans and what else do we need ?Please!

Aludlam

Please help me set up my plans for Prima Latina. 1st of all we will not start until week 13 (we're finishing up ETC first, PL will take the time slot). 2nd - we own the teachers manual, student book, cd and dvds. My plan was originally to watch the video and do one lesson per week. After looking into the tm this morning, I'm now wondering if we need to also listen to the cd? Also, does anyone recommend getting the flashcards or Lingua Angelica cd?

Thanks so much for all the help. I'm working really hard trying to get ALL of our plans for the year on paper. I know you all know how that is !!!:willy_nilly:

Please help me set up my plans for Prima Latina. 1st of all we will not start until week 13 (we're finishing up ETC first, PL will take the time slot). 2nd - we own the teachers manual, student book, cd and dvds. My plan was originally to watch the video and do one lesson per week. After looking into the tm this morning, I'm now wondering if we need to also listen to the cd? Also, does anyone recommend getting the flashcards or Lingua Angelica cd?

Thanks so much for all the help. I'm working really hard trying to get ALL of our plans for the year on paper. I know you all know how that is !!!:willy_nilly:

We watched the DVD together and did one lesson per week like your original plan. I'm a lover of flashcards, so I recommend those! :001_smile: I punch a hole in the corners, put these on rings to keep them from getting lost, and use them to review all the vocabulary learned to date a couple of times a week. (IMO, there isn't enough review of past vocabulary words in PL - LCII and it's easy for the kids to forget if they don't see the words regularly.) We had the CD, but didn't use it (for PL, LCI, or LCII)! We've never used Lingua Angelica.

We watched the DVD together and did one lesson per week like your original plan. I'm a lover of flashcards, so I recommend those! :001_smile: I punch a hole in the corners, put these on rings to keep them from getting lost, and use them to review all the vocabulary learned to date a couple of times a week. (IMO, there isn't enough review of past vocabulary words in PL - LCII and it's easy for the kids to forget if they don't see the words regularly.) We had the CD, but didn't use it (for PL, LCI, or LCII)! We've never used Lingua Angelica.

Thanks for answering. I have a question about the flashcards: Are they something that I could easily make, or do you recommend purchasing them?

thanks again!

Thanks for answering. I have a question about the flashcards: Are they something that I could easily make, or do you recommend purchasing them?

thanks again!

Yes, you could easily make them with index cards (could cut them in half if you prefer the smaller size) and a marker! I've also used Avery printable business card sheets and printed flashcards (dh set up an Excel file and a "mail merge" file in Word to get the placement correct), or you could hand write on the business cards too. Or, just look at what is available at Office Depot or Mardel -- I've seen small blank card sets on rings with a plastic cover too! Index cards would probably be the cheapest option, and your dc could make their own with glitter markers, etc.! If you decide to buy the Prima flashcards, they are part of the LCI set, so you would have what you need for LCI too.