Menu

Is there a level of R & S Math that would be a good review...

Pat in MI

Is there a level of R & S math that would be a good review of basic math? Something that ties them all together before moving toward pre-alg. ? Which would be the best level for this? or is there something else you would recommend as a good basic review? Thanks!

Blessings,

Pat

I think that you are looking for R&S math 6 or 7. For a true review of concepts without any pre-algebra work, I think R&S 6 would be what you are looking for. Here are some of the items covered in R&S 6 from their scope and sequence: LCM, GCF, Rules divisibility, 4-digit multipliers, 3-digit divisors, mental shortcuts, checking by casting out nines, and mult. & div. of mixed numbers and decimals. R&S 7 also has review, but it includes more pre-algebra concepts like order of operations, solving equations, finding a number when a fraction of it is known, and writing equations. I'm using R&S 8 next year for my oldest son as a pre-algebra text. I've heard that many will skip R&S 7 and go straight to R&S 8 because of all of the review in 7.

HTH!