Menu

Homeschoolers Wanted! 2 year college

I was recently contacted to encourage our local homeschoolers to check out Cottey College in Nevada, MO. When I asked if I could share it here too, they said sure! :)

www.cottey.edu

Quick facts:

It is a 2 year college for women

Student to Faculty ratio is 10:1

97% of their students receive some sort of financial aid

95% of graduates transfer to 4 year college

obviously, homeschool-friendly. :)

Just throwing it out there for people! :)

By the way, I know NOTHING else about it. They contacted me (someone on their board lives nearby and was asking about homeschool groups in the area). They sent me a packet of materials to browse through, and if they had hockey at their school, I know my daughter would be checking it out! :)

So if you want to find out more, please visit the link above and start your inquiries. I'm just passing on the info that they're homeschool-friendly. :)

I know a little about Cottey because I used to be involved in the women's group that sponsors it. The group is called P.E.O., which you may or may not have heard of, and is a national philanthropic organization for women that supports specific educational projects and scholarships through local chapters. I know several women who attended Cottey that really loved it - I think it has excellent academics and opportunities. I think it is hard for some girls to get over the "women only" aspect and that it is a junior college (two year), but I think it is a good school that offers significant scholarships. I didn't know they were encouraging homeschoolers, but that is good to hear. Some states with a lot of P.E.O. chapters used to offer bus tours and take groups of girls to tour, but I don't know if they do that any more. Oh, and you don't have to be involved in P.E.O. to attend - it is open to anyone. HTH!