Menu

VP's OTAE & NTGR combined ?

Aloha2U

For those of you who combined OTAE & NTGR in one year, how was your year? Would you do it again? Please share your thoughts and experience.

Also, did you combine bible (Genesis-Joshua & Judges-Kings) as well?

(SN: I posted this question in the VP Elementary Yahoo! group too. I'm aware of the file in the group's folder (OTAE & NTGR combined), but I'm hoping for more feedback from anyone who's btdt. ;))

TIA!

:001_smile: Melissa

Ok, you've got my attention... how did your year go when you combined?

Did you use the OTAE/NTGR file in the Yahoo! group to combine?

How about the worksheets, did you use them?

CMama needs input... more input!

:lurk5:

Ok, you've got my attention... how did your year go when you combined? We had fun. :) We probably moved fastest through the Bible stories, just because my kids were already pretty familiar with them. I didn't skip any though, so they could keep them in chronological context.

Did you use the OTAE/NTGR file in the Yahoo! group to combine? Nope. I just tried to average two cards a week instead of one. Sometimes we did three a week, sometimes one card stretched for two weeks. It all balanced out at the end.

How about the worksheets, did you use them? With my older kids, yes. I didn't use them with my first grader, but he could do many of the other printables. I had the little guy narrate instead. With my older kids I'm more likely to use the tests than the worksheets. The tests have questions from the current card, and review questions from previous cards. The worksheets just have questions from the current card. I don't treat the tests as a measure of knowledge retained or grade them. To my kids they're just a worksheet.

Thank you so much!!! This is very helpful, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions. What did your average weekly history schedule look like?

Do you feel your dc successfully retained the information that what was covered?

What would/will you change if you combine again?

It does seems like a lot for one year, but you're convincing me that's it doable. I like doable! :)