Menu

Quiver (and others whose dc have used both levels of an Apol. course)

You mentioned your son did both levels of Apol. chem and physics. How did he like them? Has he compared them to other texts and found them lacking? Did he use SAT II test prep books? How were they after using Apologia?

Dd plans to take all of the Apol. courses, and I'm wondering how others who have done this feel about their experience. Thanks for anything you can share!

You mentioned your son did both levels of Apol. chem and physics. How did he like them? Has he compared them to other texts and found them lacking? Did he use SAT II test prep books? How were they after using Apologia?

Dd plans to take all of the Apol. courses, and I'm wondering how others who have done this feel about their experience. Thanks for anything you can share!

He enjoyed the courses and did well with them. He didn't use any other text so I don't have a way to compare. As far as SAT II prep, he didnt' do a book with the chem course and I now that I think back on it, he probably would have scored a bit higher had he done so. I spoke with Dr. Wile this spring about whether my son should use a prep guide before the physics SAT II and he did recommended using one.

HTH some.

I have a question for you too, especially since I have been contemplating my ds using 2 levels of Apol in one year. Was it a LOT of work, or easily manageable? Which was 'easier' to complete in one year---Physics+ or Chem +?

Thanks!

My son is an independent worker so for me it was fairly easy. :) He did spend a good amount of time working daily but I am not sure just how much time and he isn't here for me to ask right now. I know he didn't feel the work load was too much( I told him to slow down if he felt overwhelmed) and his grades were good. I would say the physics was easier because he is more physics minded then chemistry but I will have to ask him what he thinks when he gets home on Sunday. HTH some.

Edited by Quiver0f10