Menu

Simple Schooling?

I just looked at the grades 4-8 "Rome" book samples, and the Interactive classroom sample for photosynthesis.

The Rome one looked pretty good, actually, but I would probably add in WTM-style narrations/outlining to up the writing component. Also, since it looks like there is only Egypt, Greece, Rome for Ancient history, I would want to fill in the rest of the ancient world with SOTW or some other book (which would make the excellent pricing of Simple Schooling not so excellent, unless you already own a more comprehensive text). It looked like 2-4 units could be done in one week, doing history 2-3 times/week. Thinking about it more, I could see using the ancient books as supplemental.

The interactive classroom photosynthesis pages I looked at didn't have enough instruction. There was a visual showing how plants absorb light, but there was no audio or text...but I will say I didn't view each section of the unit from the beginning. I just clicked on a section near the middle, and that's what I got. Maybe there was more explanation before that visual.

Giving you a bump.

ETA: I just noticed that the books are all PDF downloads, as far as I can tell, and I'm not so sure I would like that. That also makes the curriculum cost more, with paper/ink costs. But you don't have shipping costs...I don't know if those cancel each other out.

Edited by LanaTron