Menu

How do you handle EPGY?

JWSJ

We're using SM and MEP.

We just added EPGY as well. My ds9 loves it. He's doing 2 sessions in each subject per day and wants more.

I'm curious - do other families use EPGY as a stand alone or combined with another program?

How many EPGY sessions per subject does your child do a day?

We're using SM and MEP.

We just added EPGY as well. My ds9 loves it. He's doing 2 sessions in each subject per day and wants more.

I'm curious - do other families use EPGY as a stand alone or combined with another program?

How many EPGY sessions per subject does your child do a day?

We use it as a review curriculum and combine it with other programs. For example, my daughter also did Singapore 5 with IP5 this past school year and is working through the end of Russian Math 6.

She usually did 2 or 3 sessions of EPGY at a time. It is nice to have the program keep track of her progress and lesson planning, so all I have to do is go in and review her results.

Good luck. :)

We use the EPGY literary writing classes for my 11yo and 13yo. A full year requires 3 quarters, for instance W09A, W09B and W09C for the 11 yo and W10A, B, C for the 13yo. I thought it was excellent, demanding and challenging. I also liked it because it incorporates literary analysis, so there was reading involved.

They assume a mastery of grammar and basic knowledge of how to write a paragraph, although the W09 classes go over that in the first quarter. By the end of the year the W09 kids are writing full analytic essays, and the w10 kids are writing full argumentative essays.

I am counting it as a full language arts class.

Maria

• 4 months later...

I too have been looking into EPGY math as a supplement to MM for dd9 and ds7. Do you all use the actual indiv. enrollment that you have to pretest to be allowed into it, or is it the open enrollment? I read that the open required 8 students to do it, and I only have my two. Is there another way to get access to this gifted program?