Menu

EFTC vs Queen for first?

I have used Primary Language lessons and FLL, in combination, or alone, for my second graders so far. However ds7, who will be in 2nd grade in the fall, still struggles a bit with language and attention - he came to us at age 3 from a foreign country, with virtually no language. He has made tremendous progress, but is still wiggly and "young" for his age. Working through FLL this year (we've not finished the first half) has been fun but slooooowwww, it is like therapy for him to make sure he understands everything. I know it is good, but I would like to offer him something in workbook format as well, because he really enjoys and looks forward to that sort of work.

Does anyone have experience with either Queen Language Lessons or English for the Thoughtful Child? I have used EFTC 2 with my third graders, but haven't used the first. From the samples I think ds would like either one but I'd love to hear what people have found most effective, particularly for wiggly boys.

Blessings,

Aimee

mom to 6 great kids ages 7-19, schooling grades 1, 3, 3 and 6