Menu

Instructional DVD for ECW Biology. Are these new???

I just purchased this a few weeks ago and it is the same tutorial that Steve Rosenoff sells on Red Wagon Tutorials but at a much cheaper price. With this you get the lectures to go with each module that were recorded for the 2009-2010 school year, lecture notes for each lecture with fill in the blank type questions to make sure the student is listening :), formal lab report samples (he schedules 4 formal reports per year, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to), and tests for each module (these are a little more in depth than the Apologia tests). It took a little while to put a schedule together with the CD, but ds has completed the first week and so far so good. I really think the lectures are a nice addition to the course.

I have not used the DIVE science DVDs. I was a biology/biochemistry major in college (and have my Masters of Physical Therpy degree). I think the DIVE CDs look great for an advanced (AP) biology course. I chose the Apologia CDs because I thought this added to the course without being overwhelming. I did not want to rush through biology. We will do the Apologia Human Anatomy course separately (the DIVE CDs combine the two). Of course you could always spread the DIVE course over two years (so you could complete both books completely). I think either course could work, it just depends what pace you want to move through the material :)

I have not used the DIVE science DVDs. I was a biology/biochemistry major in college (and have my Masters of Physical Therpy degree). I think the DIVE CDs look great for an advanced (AP) biology course. I chose the Apologia CDs because I thought this added to the course without being overwhelming. I did not want to rush through biology. We will do the Apologia Human Anatomy course separately (the DIVE CDs combine the two). Of course you could always spread the DIVE course over two years (so you could complete both books completely). I think either course could work, it just depends what pace you want to move through the material :)

Thank you. My Dd is not very science oriented so it sounds like the Apologia CD's would be a better fit for her compared the DIVE.