Menu

Can anyone recommend a book, or website, which explains how to do lab reports. It's been a few years since I've done them myself, and we haven't done formal write ups for labs yet. We do discuss what the lab is trying to prove or disprove, what the expected outcome is - hypothesis and all of that, but I'd like more formal reports next year.

We'll be doing Apologia physics but I don't have the book yet. The physical science one didn't address how to write up the labs, but I don't know if the others do.

I'm thinking of maybe making a form which she can fill out with each experiment. From what I remember years ago, it involves listing materials needed, what is being tested, hypothesis, procedure, results and conclusion. Does anyone know of a form already available online?

Thank you!

Brindee thank you! It's amazing how much the first link is exactly what I remember from 30+ years ago. :tongue_smilie: The second one adds in a few good ideas - like graphing the data or whatnot. Thank you!

It sounds like it's easier than I thought it would be.

Donna Young's site has some explanations/suggestions and printable lab sheets if you want to print out pages and put them in a binder. Go to this link:

http://donnayoung.org/index.htm

then click on the science tap. There will be additional tabs at the top that will take you to sample pages and to free downloadable lab sheets.

Adrianne in IL

Donna Young's site has some explanations/suggestions and printable lab sheets if you want to print out pages and put them in a binder. Go to this link:

http://donnayoung.org/index.htm

then click on the science tap. There will be additional tabs at the top that will take you to sample pages and to free downloadable lab sheets.

Adrianne in IL

I thought I remembered getting lab sheets from Donna Young also, but I couldn't find them so couldn't link them. If someone else finds them, could you put up the link here? Thanks!